Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthday = One year closer to death !


Yes! I turn 24 today. There it ends. I’ve always said that the birthday is just a remainder that one is closer to death by a year. Nothing more, nothing less. Whenever I say that, many dismiss me saying that I have a negative outlook towards life. But I have to say it is a fact. Whatever one may say; it is an undeniable fact that all are inching towards the same destination called death. For some, the destination is near, for some it is far. But the destination is same for all. Perhaps death is the only destination that everyone shares.


                For a person who has ventured into something big, birthday may motivate him/her by reminding the less amount of time that is available. In that way, if it is motivating or adding life to years (not the opposite!) then it is worth celebrating. But if it ends up being just another ritual or a compulsive act, it is unworthy of celebration. 

               But, if someone comes and wishes me a happy birthday, of course i don't preach these philosophies but instead throw a smile and say 'Thank you very much pal' ! But i clearly know these things ain't got any value !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment